As Global Disciples of Jesus,
- OUR VISION is to see every person have an opportunity to choose and follow Jesus Christ.
- OUR PRAYER is that disciples of Jesus Christ, from all nations and many vocations, will embrace this vision and do their part.
- OUR MISSION is to make it possible for clusters of churches to multiply Christ-like disciples and locally-sustainable fellowships in least-reached areas.
- OUR STRATEGY is, with these churches, to equip Christ-like trainers who multiply disciples, develop leaders, and mobilize workers to least-reached peoples.
- OUR PHILOSOPHY is that local expressions of the Body of Christ in close proximity to least-reached peoples are best able to reach them—and we all can help.
Established in 2012, Global Disciples Canada is a federal Not-For-Profit Corporation with CRA registered charitable status. We work closely with an international discipleship alliance formed in 1996 which has been helping churches in Africa, Asia, and Latin America to train and equip disciples of Jesus – who start businesses, plant churches and baptize new believers in hard-to-reach areas. The growth of the Church in these regions is leading to transformed lives, transformed communities and will bring healing to the nations. This growth is happening just like it did in the early Church – through discipleship, disciples making disciples.
We see Global Disciples Canada as one small part of a very big thing that God is doing. It is our prayer that through cross-pollination from Christians in all nations, we will see spiritual renewal here at home as we partner with others who are following Jesus, often at great cost. We want to do our part on the international stage, as well as here at home.
We work closely to accomplish the Great Commission with Global Disciples International through a Joint Ministry Agreement. Global Disciples Canada has a specific mandate to walk alongside established training programs, trainers and coaches with yearly “refresher courses” that occur in various locations globally.
Our Core Values
- Intimacy with God. We were created for relationship in Christ by the Holy Spirit, to bring glory to God through worship, prayer, obedience, service, fellowship, etc.
- The Right to Know. Every person should have at least one opportunity to hear the Good News of Jesus in a way they understand and to decide if they will believe.
- Church as a Body. The Church is God’s strategy to multiply disciples who meet, grow and serve as local fellowships, together forming the Body of Christ with one mission.
- Authentic Cooperation. The Body of Christ is called to unity, collaboration and dignity for all—so we serve side-by-side, beyond walls, seeking synergy in mission.
- Local Sustainability. Churches have in their hands what is needed to fulfill their God-given mission with faith, integrity, creativity, hard work, and interdependence.
- Serving Leaders. Jesus is our model: being passionate for God’s glory, living and loving selflessly, encouraging and influencing others to work for the Kingdom.
- Prayer. As we communicate with God in prayer, wisdom, direction, power, and joy are released – therefore, all that we do is conceived, birthed, and implemented in prayer.
Our Statement of Faith
Global Disciples serves to connect and facilitate cooperation within the global Body of Christ among clusters of churches that are engaged in discipleship, mission, and leadership training ministries and share our commitment to:
- Glorify God, the Creator and eternal Lord of the universe;
- Exalt the only Savior and risen Lord Jesus Christ, God’s Son;
- Rely on the Holy Spirit to teach, convict, comfort and empower;
- Accept the Bible as the divinely inspired, authoritative Word of God;
- Demonstrate love for those in the church, the Body of Christ;
- Show love for those without Christ through lives of compassionate service, righteous living, and evangelism;
- Celebrate the sanctity of human life from conception to death, understanding we are created male and female, in the image of God;
- Live in sexual purity, whether single or in a marriage covenant between a man and a woman;
- Pray and work diligently to see the Gospel spread to all peoples in anticipation of the glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
As grateful recipients of God’s grace, we always seek to act justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with our God (Micah 6:8). In each area of responsibility, it will be our goal to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness (Matthew 6:33). Our theological understanding flows within the believers’ church tradition and we embrace the Lausanne Covenant and the Manila Manifesto.
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Corinthians 3:11